?

Log in

aenaku_kaosu [userpic]
by aenaku_kaosu (aenaku_kaosu)
at November 16th, 2006 (03:10 pm)
accomplished

current mood: accomplished

When: Mid-day (RIGHT NOW)
Where: City of Edge (It's under construction D:)
Who: EVERYONE! YES YOU!
Notes: :D This is the first post in which EVERYONE can reply to! >3 Have fun! If you're playing a dead character they will be reformed near or exactly where they died. <3!

_______________________________________________________________

Loud clanks from metal pegs being hinged as iron hammers came down on them could be heard down in the street below, drills and other various equipment produced a low hum from a distance. It was not in the slightest bit pleasant to hear. Especially when you were waking up to a sight you'd never seen before.

Those trying to make a life for themselves here found it increasingly difficult. The population had been drastically reduced and what was more troubling was that more people were slowly dying off from the stigma or other means.

Even while the townspeople rubbed sleep from their eyes the work continued on endlessly. It was going to leave even more quickly today.

It seemed like a perfectly ordinary day. The sun was filtering down through the midmorning haze and casting shadows across the dusty roads, buildings and debris. The sky was a vivid blue overhead with a few lingering clouds and there was a slight warmth in the air despite the chill that accompanied it telling those in Edge spring was near even though nothing grew there.

The day stretched on blearily. All those who lived here trudged through the daily ritual of looking for work, looking for food, caring for what was left of their family. Somewhere a dog could be heard yapping, a cat could be heard hissing and overturning a garbage bin, it was nothing they weren't used to.

These people had learned to deal with loss. The loss of parents, the loss of children, wives, husbands, friends...but nothing was like this. Cloud had never seen anything like this.

It was one thing when they pulled bodies from the rubble. It was another when they came from the rubble. They weren't dead and that was what sent the entire city in shock. They were living, breathing, human beings.

Quite suddenly this day had become more than an average day.

Edge was thrown into chaos but he wasn't quite sure what kind it was yet. It was a strange acceptable kind of chaos that sent your mind reeling , your heart would stop beating, all at once you would feel nothing and everything. All he could do was stare blankly.

At least thirty people had come out from the ruins today, he'd read it in the paper, it was on the televisions in the bar and shop windows.

Thirty of them. No one lived there. No one could survive there. Fiends inhabited what was left and would usually kill off or attack lone travelers. Some people had claimed they were parts of their family. Dead mothers or fathers, some had none, some were hopelessly dazed and confused as to who they were.

He had never seen this before and regardless of if he felt it was right or not it was happening.

He had to do something. He had to find out what was going on.

Who, honestly, could he ask though? It wasn't like anyone else really knew what was going on. He'd been out of contact with the others until recently but after weighing it in his mind he decided it couldn't hurt to see if similar things were happening where they lived as well.

Or maybe they would just call him? He sighed softly and looked up ahead, searching the road ahead, he would have to rely on that unless he could find them. They were all terrible about answering their PHS's. Either way. He wanted to know if it was some hoax someone was pulling or if it really was happening...he tried to draw strength from a presence he couldn't feel at the moment and found it futile.

Where are you...? he wondered to himself.

Comments

Posted by: loz_reverto (loz_reverto)
Posted at: November 21st, 2006 04:45 pm (UTC)
Re: The return

Loz rubbed his head, appearing thoughtful. He brushed the dust and gravel from his hair and looked up.

"Yazoo," he said, "Are we going to look for Kadaj?" He stood, this time assuring himself that the ground would support him. He turned from Yazoo, not wanting to show his reluctant tears. "I don't like feeling alone like this."

Before he could be taunted, Loz grabbed his long-haired sibling by the waist and rushed at one of the walls, punching his way through it and free-falling to the ground.

He landed heavily, almost toppling over before releasing Yazoo. "Something's searching for us, brother...something is trying to...to collect us. We gotta find Kadaj!"

((OOC: Yo, I think we can set this up to start replying in Sephi's post. Where's our Kadaj?! *cries*))

Posted by: Yazoo (yazoo_resurgam)
Posted at: November 23rd, 2006 01:40 am (UTC)
Re: The return

Upon being grabbed around the waist, Yazoo made an irritated noise in the back of his throat. He would’ve attempted to get Loz to put him down if he had been given the opportunity before being dragged along for a free-fall. In the end, there was little he could really do besides ponder over what to yell at Loz while watching his hair flicker in the falling wind.

Once they landed, and Yazoo was released, he stood gracefully as if he hadn’t been gathered up in his brother’s arm like a sack. He turned to Loz slowly, taking in what he said and pushing off the aggravated words that had formulated in his own mind during their fall. (For now.)

Collecting us… he thought, also feeling that strange mental tug that his fellow remnant was describing. Something wanted them all together. He had a feeling he knew who or what it was, and did not want to succumb to its subtle orders.

Yazoo glanced back up at the top of the building they had just jumped from, then back down to Loz. “I feel it too. But I don’t know where we would find Kadaj.” He paused for a moment, remembering how he and his larger brother had come back into being. “Wouldn’t he return where he had died, like we did? Hm, I still don’t understand why we have returned in the first place…”

((OOC: Kadaj will be showing up soon...I think...^^; ))

Posted by: loz_reverto (loz_reverto)
Posted at: November 23rd, 2006 06:24 pm (UTC)
Re: The return

"...Do we have to separate, Yazoo?" Loz questioned, looking worried. His lower lip pouted freely now. "Can't we face this all together? Can't we find Kadaj and--?"

He remained unable to complete his thought as the hot tears began to clean his gravel-dusted face. He rubbed his fist across his cheeks and pulled them away. He regarded the mud quietly, waiting for his brother's answer.

((OOC: *laughs* My first impulse as to go all MSN-Loz and have him tackle-hug Yazoo and start unknowingly crushing him to death. *laughs* THEN cry some more for killing his poor brother.))

Posted by: Yazoo (yazoo_resurgam)
Posted at: November 23rd, 2006 08:02 pm (UTC)
Re: The return

Loz's simple mind could interpret things in the strangest ways sometimes. "No, Loz, I'm not suggesting we separate. Stop crying," Yazoo answered simply.

The remnant didn't know what to suggest they do, in fact. Figure out why they had been resurrected? Find Kadaj? Follow that strange instinct that was calling in both their minds? Kill something?

Finding Kadaj was probably their best option right now. However, that left the issue of where to find him. What if, for some reason, he hadn't been resurrected as well?

"We will find Kadaj together. Somehow."

Posted by: loz_reverto (loz_reverto)
Posted at: December 2nd, 2006 11:40 pm (UTC)
Re: The return

Loz smiled with relief, slightly parting his lips and displaying his teeth.

"...Will you need help getting back up there, Yazoo?" he asked, reaching forward for his brother's waist again. "'Cause I could toss you up if you need it."

Posted by: kadaj_argentum (kadaj_argentum)
Posted at: December 5th, 2006 09:21 am (UTC)
Re: The return

Lifestream gathered in a brilliant display of soft green tendrils intertwining with one another as it formed the outline of a body. The last of the brothers.

He landed hard on one knee, causing dust to stir in the air off the metal complex as he did so. Slowly, intense mako colored eyes opened, surging with the lifestream that ran coursed through his body only moments before.

He felt...as though he had just woken up from a long sleep.

He was relieved to find that his twin bladed weapon was in his grip, leather clad fingers curling around the hilt as if it were a comfort to him. He could hear voices he recognized. They were familar...

Posted by: Yazoo (yazoo_resurgam)
Posted at: December 6th, 2006 03:34 am (UTC)
Re: The return
Yazoo - mostly hair

When Yazoo saw Loz's hand reaching for his waist again, he shook his head. "I don't want you to pick me up and throw me. I don’t need it," he started in reply. "A small boost would be fine though." Yazoo was referring to the technique they had used once before, where he had been given some leverage by standing on Loz’s arm and jumping from there. Surprisingly, it had come to be very effective. As a plus, it didn’t feel as degrading as being carted around by his brother. Kadaj might’ve laughed if he had been with them.

His glowing eyes glanced upwards at the top of the building, hoping to perhaps catch a glimpse of Kadaj peeking down back at them. There was nothing there that he could see, so his gaze began to move back towards Loz. That was when he saw it: a flowing glow of green, and another joining it, and another until they began to concentrate just above the ground. The energy took form and landed, and Yazoo’s eyes widened in relieved surprise. He said nothing at first, and instead took a few steps towards his newly resurrected brother. Some of Yazoo’s anxiety had disappeared upon seeing Kadaj reform, though other questions and curiosities still burned in the back of his mind.

At last, his tongue found words. Or rather, it found one. “Kadaj…” was all he managed to say.

Posted by: loz_reverto (loz_reverto)
Posted at: December 6th, 2006 08:23 pm (UTC)
Re: The return

Loz nodded at the refusal for help. He said nothing and followed his long-haired brother's gaze.

Turning slightly, he gasped. Mimicking Yazoo's shock, he silently mouthed the name, "Kadaj," and ran forward, reaching outwards like a person in a cave, groping with one arm in front of himself, trying to determine if this was real.

"Kadaj," he said quietly. "We're together again."

Posted by: kadaj_argentum (kadaj_argentum)
Posted at: December 9th, 2006 03:31 am (UTC)
Re: The return

It took him a moment for his senses to follow the suite, unfortunately for those few passing moments everything felt and looked as though he were underwater. Or as if he were on the other side of filtered glass, slowly the sensation faded finally.

His footing was a little unsure for a moment as his balance weighed itself out.

A mixture of relief and some foreign emotion crossed his features as he watched his brothers, finding his grip tightening on his sword before relaxing and sheathing it.

"...brothers." he breathed.

Posted by: Yazoo (yazoo_resurgam)
Posted at: December 11th, 2006 05:30 pm (UTC)
Re: The return
Yazoo - mostly hair

Yazoo allowed himself the slightest smile, glad to be reunited with both of his brothers at last, though his eyes were still calm and cruel. Another few steps forward brought him to stand at Kadaj's side.

"Kadaj...are you all right?" he began. "Can you feel it too – some strange force calling to us?"

Pausing then, Yazoo blinked thoughtfully and clenched one hand into a fist. "We could follow it, but...I feel it wants to consume us. I don't know what else we could do right now..."

The strange force that was pushing into his mind felt somewhat familiar, though it was an uneasy sort of familiarity. It seemed to want to control him and he didn't like it. He was Mother's puppet, and this force did not feel like Mother...

But what would Mother feel like then? Yazoo had never gotten to be with her. Was she even out there waiting for them still?

Still, Yazoo did not like it, and yet he felt that there was nothing else for them now. More confusion...Yazoo found his mood souring a bit more.

Posted by: loz_reverto (loz_reverto)
Posted at: December 14th, 2006 01:49 pm (UTC)
Re: The return

((OOC: My first impulse is just to write, "Loz remained confused" because, I mean REALLY...what else could Loz DO? *laughs*))

Loz remained silent, putting one arm around Kadaj's waist, trying to steady him. "I don't like this feeling," he said quietly. "I think we should stay away from it."

His lower lip trembling, Loz used his free arm to hide his moistening face from his brothers.

Posted by: loz_reverto (loz_reverto)
Posted at: December 23rd, 2006 04:59 am (UTC)
Re: The return

((OOC: Okay, guys, let's keep this moving and let's keep this current.))

After hearing no response from his brothers (not even mockery...which he had come to expect), Loz released Kadaj and turned back towards them, tearless. Confusion governed his features as he squinted into the distance.

"There's...there's something else out there. ...Something's happening in the city." He twitched, almost unnoticably. "I think we should see what's going on. It might be important for us...."

Checking on Kadaj to make sure he could stand, Loz took off, heading towards whatever it was that he could sense. In his excitment, he didn't even notice he had begun to warp faster than before.

((OOC: Continue on to:
http://community.livejournal.com/nesshin_kokoro/2772.html ))

32 Read Comments